Re: Highland Tech Internet Access

From: Stanley Long <slong@acsalaska.net>
Date: Wed Sep 05 2007 - 10:30:41 AKDT

Damien Hull wrote:
> The bad news is that we aren't allowed to use the school network. The
> good news is they have Clear Wire. At the moment we can't use it because
> the cable drop goes into someones room/office. It needs to be moved. I
> was supposed to go yesterday and talk to the tech about moving it. I got
> busy and didn't make it.
>
> Can someone find out if we can move the cable?

The cable probably won't be moved. It is where it is for a good reason.

The IT guy says there needs to be a router to get to us, and that is
doable. There is a physical problem of non-functioning equipment, maybe
power-over-ethernet re the rooftop antenna. Inspection is in the works.

Should we take this to Aklug-OPS?