RE: using Linux from a flash drive

From: Lance Hankins <lhankins@ktuu.com>
Date: Tue Aug 28 2007 - 11:26:47 AKDT

Mike and Karen,
I agree. Puppy is great for this. In fact here's a version
already set up to use from a flash drive using QEMU - an
emulator. It'll open in Windows or Linux as a virtual machine so
you don't have to reboot or anything. And it can be set up to
boot from the USB stick if you like. I have it loaded on a couple
of 1Gb sticks - it takes 277Mb. It comes preloaded with most of
the stuff you normally need to have. Take a look at it at:
http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/qemupuppy/

Lance