Re: disabling selinux from a chroot?

From: Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
Date: Sun Aug 26 2007 - 11:44:01 AKDT

If I remember correctly selinux messes with the kernel. This would
suggest to me that you can't turn it off once the system boots. If you
could it wouldn't be secure. I could be wrong.

There is a config file in /etc that allows you to turn selinux off. That
won't help you because it requires a reboot. Look into the following.

   1. Find a way to turn selinux of at the grub boot menu
         1. Not sure if this is possable
   2. Make a custom CD and turn off selinux
   3. Get a different rescue CD