Re: can someone help

From: william bouterse <bill@bouterse.com>
Date: Wed Aug 08 2007 - 04:03:21 AKDT

I have never had disk corruption or M$ data lose in the
dozens of times multiboot systems have been set up,
following these basic parameters
1. Verify Disk structure is sound
2. Defrag
3. I then use Disk Drake (A Mandrake/Mandriva) product
which to me is still the most user friendly
and GUI coherent disk manipulation program out there. It
was even used for a mission critical NT
Server cloning process in a health care facility, a few
years ago with no surprises.
I believe PCLinuxOS still uses it as well. The live CD can
be a useful tool.
I have used the LIveGParted cd but still find DiskDrake
(for me) more intuitive.

As a caveat, I have not tried this with "Vista" as yet.

William (Bill) Bouterse
Presently in N.C. USA