Re: OT: Misc Computer Equipment

From: Piet van Weel <pmvw@outwardfocus.net>
Date: Thu Jul 26 2007 - 20:27:54 AKDT

Hey Mike...

I'm glad you asked... I dropped all the excess KTUU stuff off this
afternoon at Total Reclaim (http://www.totalreclaim.com/). It's not a
free service, but it keeps lots of the bad chemicals and minerals out of
the Anchorage Landfill. Total Reclaim takes all the electronic
leftovers, broke stuff, etc and ships it down to Seattle. There they
shred most of the dead equipment and process it to recover the materials
involved. If you do drop stuff off there, just let them know that the IT
Manager at KTUU sent you. It doesn't get you any discount, but it does
let them know that we're telling other people about their service.

Personally, it's definitely worth keeping the environment clean, even if
it means we have to pay a little.

Piet van Weel
IT Manager
KTUU, Channel 2