Re: CompUSA SALE!

From: Michael Neverdosky <1twidget@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Jul 18 2007 - 16:23:14 AKDT

Hard drive????

Try tape drive only, then moving up to floppy drive of 100K, then to
200K floppy.
For a long time I wanted a pair of 8" floppy drives.

The first hard drive available for home use was 5MB and cost about $5000.
I didn't get one of those until many years later when they were a give
away item.

I spent many years using Osborne or Kaypro CPM systems with 64K ram
and floppy drives only.

I find it interesting that a major portion of the added power of
modern computers is spent on eye candy.

Just part of the fun.

michael