Re: www.badvista.org

From: Alan C. <r.andom@noshut.com>
Date: Mon Jul 09 2007 - 19:50:09 AKDT

The only boxes that have a firewire port as far as I'm aware are the
DVR boxes, if you've got one and don't have a firewire port just head
down to a GCI store and have them swap your box for you. I seem to
remember all of mine having one but to be honest I've swapped it a
few times so I'm not positive.

If your box is old enough that it doesn't have firewire it might also
be a single tuner vs. a dual-tuner model, which is also worth
upgrading for so you can watch one channel while recording another. I
don't know if they are still stocking them but you used to be able to
get either DVI or HDMI digital outputs as an option on the Motorola
boxes, on the Pace boxes I think you are stuck with HDMI but am not
sure.

-Alan