Re: tty fixed

From: Fielder George Dowding <fgdowding@iceworm-enterprises.org>
Date: Sun Jun 17 2007 - 21:59:14 AKDT

dmaclean wrote:
> Got it fixed .
> After fishing on google a little more i found a nvidia forum were some
> others
> had tried the nvidia driver in notebooks and the bugs showed up .
> I had saved the original xorg.conf file in etc/X11 .
> copied it back to xorg.conf and lo and behold it worked.
>
> : )

Ha! This is the reason not to use non-free drivers when there are free
drivers available. I avoid non-free stuff in general unless it is
absolutely the only way to get the hardware on a laptop to work.

Sad! Oh so sad.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards       Debian/GNU Linux
Fielder George Dowding, Chief Iceworm        "etch" Testing