IRC channel

From: Adam Bultman <adamb@glaven.org>
Date: Thu May 31 2007 - 09:27:32 AKDT

The IRC channel is awful empty these days... Shane, Jim M. and I mostly,
hanging out all day, chatting.

There's a lot of programs for IRC (bitchx, xchat, irssi) and other
programs like gaim (pidgin, now) will do IRC channels as well, so you
could easily join and 'hang out'. I use screen and irssi from my
workstation at work to keep a constant IRC connection that I can
re-connect to whenever I go anywhere else. Savvy users can use dircproxy
and whatever their choice of X clients is to keep connected, and have
scrollback ability.

Any update on getting ops in the channel for other people?

Adam