Re: Dell now selling Linux

From: Shane Spencer <shane@bogomip.com>
Date: Fri May 25 2007 - 13:11:43 AKDT

I never really liked dell since they were a super huge megagalactic
corp.. however their service has been amazing for server products..
their support alone says a lot.

However everything is of course non-standard giving way to
non-recyclable hardware. If a mainboard dies and you are out of
warranty, kiss that nice chassis and power supply goodbye or sell it
on ebay.. I recently noticed that newer dell machines had flipped
mainboards.. very odd to say the lease (from the back of a machine
mainboard is mounted on the rightmost side instead of standard left)

Oddities abound..

Shane