Fwd: mysqlserver

From: Stanley Long <slong@acsalaska.net>
Date: Thu May 24 2007 - 20:47:11 AKDT

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Richard Moore <dewey.moore@gmail.com>
Date: May 24, 2007 8:26 PM
Subject: mysqlserver
To: aklug@aklug.org

I am setting up mysql and php5 on a Debian machine, after changing the
password for root access. I was locked out and no longer have access to any
configuration files or any commands for mysql. The error messages i get are
as followed

using the standard no password

debian:~# mysql_setpermission
Password for user to connect to MySQL:
Can't make a connection to the mysql server.
  The error: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
at /usr/bin/mysql_setpermission line 70, <STDIN> line 1.

using the password that i set using there command to change the password

debian:~# mysql_setpermission
Password for user to connect to MySQL:
Can't make a connection to the mysql server.
  The error: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
at /usr/bin/mysql_setpermission line 70, <STDIN> line 1.

I will be at the meeting tomorow night, if someone that has experience can
be there that would help me a lot.

--
Richard D. Moore
Cell: 503-314-8901
Richard D. Moore
Cell: 503-314-8901
--
Home Address:
1401 N. SpringBrook Rd. Apt #126
Newberg, Or 97132
School Address:
George Fox University
418 N. Meridian St.
Newberg, OR 97132
--
Lack of will power has caused more failure than lack of intelligence or
ability.