HSMMnet alpha19

From: John Phelps <akz3r0@gmail.com>
Date: Fri Apr 27 2007 - 03:07:12 AKDT

ISO: http://www.hsmmnet.org/files/hsmmnet-a19-i386.iso
MD5 sums : http://www.hsmmnet.org/files/MD5SUMS
I have released another version of the HSMMnet ISO, #19.
Number 18 was terribly messed up, I tried migrating to an ftp server that
was unusable and messed up some IPv6 configurations.
All those are now fixed.

This is extremely close to a beta release, possibly one or two minor fixes/
alpha releases. I believe that this version has everything working that I
need to work.

Instructions:
The machine must have 2 network cards, when completed eth1 will connect to
amateur radio and eth0 to a router / the internet.
The internet connection must be connected to eth0 during setup and while
running as this is hardcoded into many config files.
Once installed, run 'sudo hsmmnet-setup' . Again emphasis on the 'sudo'.
This will take quite a while, download ~150Mb and the machine will
auto-reboot.

After rebooting you will have anonymous ftp read/write/delete to the "local"
directory.
The jabber server requires an initial setup by connecting to the machines
ip, on any interface, port '9090'

The services:
dhcp, webserver, and ftp are served to only eth1, or address 10.0.0.1
I have not yet figured out how to make the jabber server only work on
10.0.0.1 or eth1, so it works on both interfaces.
      I may later have to add an iptables rule to block the jabber ports, we
will see.
      After initial setup, new jabber accounts can be created by users.
      The machine running the jabber client will have to add the servers
name to their "hosts" file and have it lookup to 10.0.0.1

And once again I will not be able to make the aklug friday night meeting. I
will be giving a presentation of the wireless technologies that this server
will be used with to the Matanuska amateur radio club at 7pm friday.

Please me know if there are any issues with this release, I could not find
any...
~John