Friday Night meeting

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun Apr 22 2007 - 18:38:55 AKDT

Since I was there, and there isn't already a post about the meeting,
I'll give you my piece of it.

There were about 15 or so folks there, at least 5 of them, including
Damien were playing a game called Nexiuz
(http://www.alientrap.org/nexuiz/index.php). It looks fun, I'm going to
have to give it a go.

There were a couple of people trying to use Ubuntu with Windows dual
booted. We were able to solve one persons problem by modifying the
/etc/fstab file and use /dev/hdx lables instead of UID= labels that
were there. Personally, I've never seen this before, so was unsure of
how things worked there...so we just removed those entries and put the
hardware device labels.

We broke a persons vista install by trying to use ntfsresize, and then
belately found that we had to basically have the most up to date
ntfsresize there was to get it to work....I'm not sure that even if we
did have it, it would have worked. Luckily for me, the person was even
tempered about his Vista install getting dorked.

There must be some good ways to dual boot vista. If anyone has direct
experience, there is definitely some need for this sort of practical
help.

I had to leave at 9pm, but it seems like folks were having a good time.

If you want to just goof around with Linux, Friday nights is the place to be.

Mike B.