More Ubuntu Feisty Fawn info

From: dhull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
Date: Sun Apr 08 2007 - 17:12:19 AKDT

Here's a link to the Feisty Fawn website.
http://www.ubuntu.com/news/Ubuntu704Beta

Here's how to play mpeg, wmv etc... videos
1. Double click on the video file
2. A dialog box will pop up saying you don't have the codec and ask if you would like to down load it
3. Follow the instructions for downloading the codec
5. Enjoy the video

I haven't tried watching a DVD yet. I'm assuming the libdvd codec is installed the same way. I'll give that a try tonight.

Oh, I should point out that my Laptop now has 3D support with direct rendering. This was configured during the install. I didn't have to do anything.

Hardware
1. IBM ThinkPad T42
2. ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility M7 LW [Radeon Mobility 7500]
3. Using the "ati" driver

BAD NEWS
"Suspend" doesn't work. The screen turns off and I get the little moon shaped icon on the lid to light up. However, something is still running. If I leave the laptop in suspend mode for a while and then try to use it the battery icon shows only a few minutes of power left. Under Windows I can leave the laptop in suspend mode for days.

GOOD NEWS
Feisty should be officially released on the 19th. I don't know if I'll be able to download an official ISO for the Friday meeting. Every one and their grandmas will try to get it on the 19th. Yes, even grandmas use Ubuntu. ;-)