Re: nikto

From: Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
Date: Sun Apr 01 2007 - 23:07:21 AKDT

I was wondering when someone would get it. If you don't know just Google
it! ;-)

I'm going to run "nikto" on my local web server. I may also run it on my
clients server. There's a lot of data placed on publicly accessible web
servers these days. It may be password protected but that doesn't mean
it's safe.

Can we say "SQL injection".

If you think you are safe using Linux think again. The exploit "jikto"
is Java script. It works just fine in Firefox. I don't know all the
details but one nasty thing it can do is capture your user name and
password you type into say Ebay. The hacker logs into Ebay with your
user name. He or she can then buy the image of God on a piece of toast
for a gazillion dollars. The hacker gets the toast you get a bill for a
gazillion dollars.

Something like that any way. Don't you just love technology.