Promoting Open Source (IT Expo)

From: Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
Date: Fri Mar 09 2007 - 10:28:07 AKST

Steve Gonzalez is the guy who did the IT Expo last year. He runs a
marketing company. They do video, web, audio and add copy etc... I think
they do it all or try to.

Any way, members from the apple users group, the PC users group and my
self met with Steve yesterday. Steve wants to do a consumer Expo. This
will be for the average user and small business. The details haven't
been worked out yet. Some ideas were tossed around but nothing is
written in stone yet.

I'm hoping AKLUG can get organized and help with the planning process.
This would require dedicated participation. AKLUG could use this
opportunity to push open source and Linux.

Again, I think this is the year for open source and Linux. More and more
people are using it. If AKLUG can get organized and people are willing
to put in the time we could help migrate Anchorage to open source.
Resistance is futile.

There are a lot of Windows users that are tired of their computer
crashing. They are also tired of paying $$$ for tech support after the
crash. Check out the line at Best Buy for the Geek Squad. Lets save
these poor people with open source.

I'll post more info ass soon as I hear anything. Steve was going to send
out a PDF with info.