Open Source at the PC users group

From: Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
Date: Fri Mar 09 2007 - 10:04:44 AKST

More and more people are switching to open source. I did a presentation
at the PC user group meeting yesterday. There mostly "Windows" users. I
showed off Ubuntu Edgy with the 3D desktop. I think most of them thought
the 3D stuff was just eye candy. What really wowed them was all the free
software that came with Ubuntu.

There were a few in the group that had tried Linux and others were
threatening to switch. I passed out a few Ubuntu CD's but made sure
everyone got a copy of "TheOpenCD". It's a CD with open source
applications for Windows. It's got Firefox, Gimp, Scribus, etc...

www.theopencd.org

I think this is the year open source takes off.