Re: Fastest Geek

From: Greg Madden <pabi@gci.net>
Date: Mon Feb 26 2007 - 17:07:22 AKST

On Monday 26 February 2007, barsalou wrote:
> Damien,
>
> So give us folks some details! I don't mind reading about it in the
> paper, but it would be nice to hear it from the "horses mouth". :)
>
> How did it go? Were there lots of folks?
>
> How much interest in Linux/AKLUG?

I read the article. Sounds like a high school event, course it says geek
so...

what is of interest to me is not the computer but the software stack that
can be had using GNU/Lunux or other comparable systems. My business
partner priced a new Dell laptop. He called me to query about the price
of buying all the software we need in our business. I told him I would
send an OpenCD :-)

The amount and sophistication of FOSS software is trully amazing, coupled
with good kernel hardware support, all we need now is to get rid of
software patents.

Fastest complete multimedia desktop/workstation..priceless.

--
Greg Madden