Re: ACS DNS?

From: Shane Spencer <shane@bogomip.com>
Date: Thu Feb 22 2007 - 07:36:44 AKST

Royce is right that root servers isn't a good answer, however it helps
in situations where network parameters change often. There are many
situations where its very difficult to update DNS forwarders remotely
(given you know it needs to be changed ahead of time), or if you
aren't receiving DNS changes because your WAN IP is not dynamic and
therefore isn't fed new DNS parameters.

I assume ACS notifies all clients with Static IP configurations of DNS
changes? I always thought there should be verification "Click Me!"
link on all messages like that sent out to customers. Add a "Click
here to verify you have recieved this message or we will send flying
monkeys to harass you so we can do our job and not have to listen to
you bitch" with a little unique ID attached to the URL variables. I
can't wait till E-Mail 2.0, I hope its made of magic.

*yawn* time to go to work!

Shane