Re: [SPAM] Re: AKLUG Post Office Box Over Due

From: Fielder George Dowding <fgdowding@iceworm-enterprises.org>
Date: Tue Feb 13 2007 - 11:46:37 AKST

Greg Madden wrote:
> On Sunday 11 February 2007, Fielder George Dowding wrote:
>> Damien Hull wrote:
>>> Do we need to start a collection? How much is it and when do you need
>>> it? ---------
>>> with 'unsubscribe' in the message body.
>> I looked for the bounced message, but it disappeared somewhere in my
>> IMAP server =;-)}}}
>>
>> Here is the fee schedule and due date:
>>
>> AKLUG P.O. Box 240881
>> 6 months: $53.00
>> 12 months: $106.00 (yes, I know, same as one year)
>> Due Date: 1/31/2007
>
> We could ask the treasurer if there is any money in the Aklug bank
> account, Jim Gribbin.

Ja, sure, you betcha! Well, that was the problem. I did send out the
notification in a timely fashion, but all the back-and-forth with not
being recognized by the aklug server as well as having to move my IMAP
server to another machine, caused a delay in getting the word to the
list. Further, I assumed the task had been done so when I saw Jim at
several Friday Laboratory Sessions, I didn't think to mention it to him.

So there you have it. I think the USPS holds it for about a month while
locking us out, then they assign it to someone else.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards       Debian/GNU Linux
Fielder George Dowding, Chief Iceworm        "etch" Testing