Re: Trouble with Ubuntu updates

From: Shane Spencer <shane@bogomip.com>
Date: Sat Feb 10 2007 - 14:31:51 AKST

I haven't used dapper/breezy/etc.. for a while, and have been using
edgy so my answer may not be that accurate. I do know that
linux-server is the metapackage installed when you use the ubuntu
server install iso.

Ok, edgy has several metapackages for one kernel. linux-image-686 and
k7 point to linux-image-generic. You should use apt-cache show
linux-server on your system and find out what kernel its installing.
Then do an apt-cache show on that package and see if its just a
metapackage for your existing kernel.

Tootles.