Get podcasts with IPodder

From: Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
Date: Wed Feb 07 2007 - 09:34:30 AKST

I was looking for a way to auto download Leo's podcasts. A quick search
on Google gave me http://juicereceiver.sourceforge.net/

IPodder is cool!

   1. Works with Windows, Mac and Linux/BSD
   2. Auto downloads podcasts
   3. You can search for content in podcast directories within IPodder
         1. http://www.podnova.com/ is one of them
         2. There are others
   4. Can be configured to run in the background

I configured Gnome to start IPodder on login.

   1. I login and IPodder pops an icon in the system tray (if you can
      call it that)
   2. It checks for new podcasts that I've subscribed to
   3. It auto downloads new episodes

The one problem I had with IPodder was with /etc/mailcap. I commented
out the two lines that were causing an error message to pop up. That
fixed it.

Enjoy