Re: Printing on a CD

From: Greg Madden <pabi@gci.net>
Date: Thu Feb 01 2007 - 20:31:18 AKST

> I have a few questions about printing on a CD/DVD.
>
> 1. Which printer do you have?

I use the Epson R300
http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/OpenPrinting/Database/SuggestedPrinters
The R300 is a 2 year old model, but search on Epson cd-r printing will
find the newer models. Epson printers are supported by Gutenprint-5.0(the
old gimp-print system). HP printers are supported by a combined driver
form HP, not sure if the combined driver has made it into Linux
distro's/gutenprint.

> 2. How long does it take
about 30 -45 seconds

> > 3. How much does each one cost?

Not sure , cd-r & dvd-r disks per 100 are very cheap though. The fact
that they are injet printable dos not add much to the price, The price is
more relecting of the quality of the dyes and media.

> 4. How many can you do per ink cartridge?
Not sure I haven't printed that many. I have printed 8 1/2 x11 photos and
that is what uses the ink, cd-r. dvd-r is low use.

> 5. How much does ink cost?

Costco carries my ink, 5 colors, I don't use enough to notice.

--
Greg Madden