Re: I broke my firewall

From: <bryanm@acsalaska.net>
Date: Thu Jan 18 2007 - 23:10:41 AKST

On Thu, Jan 18, 2007 at 04:33:01PM -0900, Luke D <jules.inu@gmail.com> wrote:
> At home I use Firestarter its a very easy to use firewall GUI (I think it
> use iptables in the background). It has options to even setup your DHCP
> server and share out your internet great for a home network. I do plan on
> learning iptables since I don't like launching a gui ever time I need to
> make a change.

If you want to learn iptables, I highly recommend the Packet Filtering
HOWTO here: http://iptables.org/documentation/index.html

It's written by the guy who wrote the filtering code, and it has all
the detail you need to grasp the subject without being overly verbose.

--
Bryan Medsker
bryanm@acsalaska.net