Re: Kicking around an idea

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Fri Jan 12 2007 - 15:04:57 AKST

Bob,

Interesting stuff. So what wasn't clear to me is weather or not the
Version 5 runs under wine or was written for Linux specifically.

Someone else asked about linux and MS Access and I hadn't even thought
about Crossover...so for those one off situations that MS is needed
then that could work.

Additionally, there is something called OOBase (part of Open Office)
that may provide similar functionality as MSAccess.

I would assume folks would use Crossover, and as they need changes to
how the DB works, they would use OOBase or some other web-based
solution (i.e. PHP and Mysql, etc.)

Actually, this could probably happen simultaneously and provide read
access using web and ODBC, but clients who need to add data stay with
Access until it can be migrated.

Mike B.