RE: More video editing conversation

From: Kevin Miller <Kevin_Miller@ci.juneau.ak.us>
Date: Fri Jan 12 2007 - 07:24:13 AKST

David Loutrel wrote:
>=20
> I've created DVD's successfully a number of times using tovid and it's
> GUI. Here is the link for tovid:=20
> http://tovid.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page=20
>=20
> While I use SuSE 10.0 I ran across a link to a discussion of tovid
> with Ubuntuu (Google)

I'm running SuSE 10.0 at home and recently tried to make a VCD (no DVD
burner). Initially I tried an SVCD, but the DVD player connected to the
TV didn't know what to do with it. One of my other DVD players could
read it, but the picture was sorta scrambled. I reburned it as just VCD
and both players were able to display the background image and menu -
but the menu didn't work. There was just one video - a Tintin movie I
pulled down off of videos.google.com. I pressed play but nothing would
happen. Not sure if there needs to be more than one menu item or what.
I'm not sure if the menu item ever had focus or not. Arrow keys didn't
seem to ever highlight it.

Any clues as to what I'm missing?

...Kevin
--=20
Kevin Miller Registered Linux User No: 307357
CBJ MIS Dept. Network Systems Admin., Mail Admin.
155 South Seward Street ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801 fax: (907 586-4500