RE: RE: Bandwidth Throttling

From: Kevin Miller <Kevin_Miller@ci.juneau.ak.us>
Date: Fri Jan 05 2007 - 13:20:19 AKST

Corey Weiss wrote:
> These days with gci, you can get Cable modem with out purchasing a
> cable tv plan, in most areas. Also, To my knowledge gci does not
> throttle on bittorrent bandwidth at this time. The other great thing
> is that they own both of the largest fibers between here and the
> lower 48;) =20

Well, maybe I'll look into that here. No use for cable TV but better
bandwidth is nice. I'll have to compare their plans. Right now I have
something like 320 down, somewhat less than that up, and an OK phone
plan with caller ID, call waiting and the like. Not sure what we pay
for long distance but we don't phone out of town much so it's pretty
much a wash. =20

I keep waiting for the day when we see 5 MB throughput for $24.95 a
month like on the billboards down south. On the other hand, those guys
down south pay $75 for a king crab and I pull 'em up for free. <g>

S'later...

...Kevin
--=20
Kevin Miller Registered Linux User No: 307357
CBJ MIS Dept. Network Systems Admin., Mail Admin.
155 South Seward Street ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801 fax: (907 586-4500