IMAP needs 100T

From: Fielder George Dowding <fgdowding@gmail.com>
Date: Sun Dec 24 2006 - 21:09:23 AKST

Greetings all,
when I started out with a home network, I used 10Base2 because it didn't
need a hub, and I like RG58 and BNC connectors (note my call sign). As the
years passed, I began to get hand me down 10BaseT hubs and I actually bought
two 4 port hubs to carry around with me. One never can tell... Then the hand
me down 10/100BaseT NIC's began to become available and a couple of years
ago, I got a wireless boradband router that had 4 10/100 ports. Thus, I
began to get used to the higher speed. Then someone gave me a cable/dsl
broad band router with an additional 4 10/100 ports. Ha! Now to start an
organized move to all 100BaseT (or whatever it is really called).

Well, the big news is I got another hand me down 10/100 NIC from Doug
MacLean to speed up my IMAP server. I am in the process of getting rid of
the old AT box, but I see I am going to need much more time to figure out
courier, so, why not make everything 10/100. I just installed the NIC,
booted my systems, and, yes, I am delighted with the increase in
performance. So other than the fact that I have one more electron eating box
I will have time to make the switch in an orderly manner.

--
Fielder George Dowding, KL7FHX
dba Iceworm Enterprises