Re: System cooling

From: Luke D <jules.inu@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Dec 06 2006 - 10:36:18 AKST

Damien,
I have a similar setup. Mine is a desktop with SATA drives and IDE, 2 are
SATA drives but not in raid. One is IDE. My system is on all the time and my
house is pretty warm. The drives are very hot and spaced every other so
there is a blank space in between them. I also do a lot of video crunching
at night. I have not had any problems, but if I had the money and time I
would get some kind of colling device. Like Jim said "Cooler is gooder". You
might want to look and see if there is any documentation on what is the
ideal temperature range for your hard disk. I hope this helps.

Luke