nvidi driver and nx7600gt

From: Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
Date: Thu Nov 16 2006 - 20:23:03 AKST

I'm still having trouble with my msi nx7600gt pcie video card. It's a
nice card with dual DVI. However, it's not doing me any good because I
can't get it to work.

I just installed the new nvidia driver version 1.0-9629. I think it made
things worse. I use "Planet Penguin Racer" for testing. With the old
driver I could get the game to run. It would lock up after a minute or
so. With the new driver all I get is a black screen. Then X restarts and
I'm back to the GDM login screen.

If you want 3D anything make sure you check all the hardware
compatibility lists. Check them twice. You don't want to hack off an arm
and a leg only to find out it doesn't work.

The good news is my old system works. I've got a GeForce FX 5200 AGP
card. I was playing Battlefield 1942 yesterday. I think I broke the game
though. I did an update of this thing called "punkbuster". Now I can't
play on-line any more.

I don't think I should be blamed for breaking the game. I "rtfm" like
good geek and that's when"punkbuster" broke. I guess that's what you get
for following the instructions. Or don't fix what's not broken.

Everything is broken! Can someone send me some good luck? :'(