Sendmail and LDAP Routing

From: Adam Bultman <adamb@glaven.org>
Date: Mon Oct 30 2006 - 13:07:06 AKST

Ok, I'm going nuts here.

I have a sendmail server and an ldap server - both testing systems, mind
you - that I'm trying to get working.

The sendmail server is 8.13.x, and the ldap server is openldap 2.3.27 .

I have LDAP Routing set up for the domain (domain.com) and have RouteEquiv
set to mail.domain.com . IU have a test bind server which does DNS for
everything I need (including RDNS.)

When I try to send a piece of mail, I can watch sendmail (loglevel 255)
hit LDAP (loglevel 255) and query for the user in question. It looks up
the user, resolves it to a UID, and then will do queries on that (search
for ObjectClass, search for mailLocalAddress) .

So far, so good - except, it never really accepts any mail locally. in
local-host-names ther is domain.com, domain.com. (notice the dot),
mail.domain.com, mail.domain.com. , etc - I've tried multiple settings( no
dotted names, only dotted names, etc - I'm reaching for straws).

I know I'm missing something, but the docs aren't really fleshing it out
for me. If the mailHost is "local" (I take this to mean, "in
llocal-host-names'), and there's mailLocalAddress, it *should* accept the
mail - except it doesn't.

I'm stuck, I have no idea what I'm missing - There's got to be a way for
sendmail to realize that it's supposed to see any user with @domain.com as
local, and deliver it that way (I've tried doing virtual users in LDAP,
but it doesn't do anything either.)

I can't find my answer on the internet, or in the books strewn across my
desk.

Adam