Microsofts new End User License Agreemnt

From: Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
Date: Tue Oct 17 2006 - 11:44:02 AKDT

Found this on the Ubuntu List.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: vista
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 16:19:23 +0200
From: jonathan <jonathan@logical.co.zw>
To: kalpesh <kalpesh@logical.co.zw>, Claudio Almeida
<Claudio@gtaworldwide.com>, pfungwa <marangep@logical.co.zw>, marshal
<marshal@logical.co.zw>, ubuntu <ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>

Microsofts "policy" is in direct violation of the Law...
Reader post by: Gayle Edwards
Posted on: October 16, 2006, 6:26 PM PDT
Story: Microsoft limits Vista transfers
The "U.S. Supreme Court" has already ruled that customers DO "own" the
software that they buy.

Despite Microsofts (and its perennial "defenders", or should I say
"shills") claims, Microsofts, "EULAs" (End User License Agreements)
CANNOT "...trump the law". MOST "legal experts" (and quite a few
Attorney-Generals) seem to agree, quite conclusively, on this point.

Simply put, ...denying a consumer the use of THEIR-OWN PROPERTY, after
they have purchased it, ...OR trying to control its application, is a
DIRECT VIOLATION of the LAW. PERIOD...

No, IFs... ANDs... or, BUTs...

Frankly, MOST of the claims in "Microsofts" "EULAs", regarding
"Microsofts products" are, complete, LEGAL-HOGWASH. And their
EVER-EXPANSIVE, claims of continued "ownership" and control, of the
"products" they sell, are COMPLETE LEGAL-GIBBERISH (it has only been
leant an air of familiarity, ...by Microsofts endlessly-repeating these
LIES for decades).

Our company has already adopted an official determination to tell our
customers to avoid "Vista", at almost any cost, (due to the high cost of
"upgrading", PERPETUAL "product authentication", "mandatory driver
signing", extreme "DRM" restrictions, and ridiculously-complicated
"Licensing", etc, etc, etc...).

In fact, as a company, we are currently engaged in acquiring more
extensive "Linux" expertise, as quickly as possible, ...because,
frankly, we are expecting "Vista" to be the last-straw that finally
topples Microsofts... HOUSE OF CARDS.

Some are looking forward to the impending-spectacle of LAWSUITS,
LITIGATION, COUNTER-SUITS, (and more than likely... some hastily-crafted
legislation obviously-designed, primarily, to protect Americas largest
software company). But, the seemingly-unavoidable collapse of such a
POWERFUL (and obscenely-corrupt), multi-billion dollar company ...is
going to be a nightmare to work-through.

Too bad its looking more, and more, inevitable, every day...