RE: pptp vpn

From: captgoodnight captgoodnight <captgoodnight@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu Oct 12 2006 - 18:38:33 AKDT

Tell the pptp client to goto 66.58.216.90, have your firewall/router forward
the ports mentioned in the following link to the address 192.168.1.5.
(note: best to not tell people you ip addresses!)

From page 3 of below link.

"If you use a router to access the internet and share your connection
between computers then you will need to poke a hole in its firewall to let
the VPN connection through. You will probably need to look at the manual for
your router to see how this is done, but you will most likely need to setup
port-forwarding on the router to forward TCP connections on port 1723 to
your home computer. This should be enough for most home routers."

the mentioned link
http://wireless.gumph.org/content/6/4/012-howto-xp-pptp-vpn-server.html

while I'm here on this tangent, to whack such services, see below
http://www.irongeek.com/othervids/Exploiting%20weaknesses%20of%20PPTP%20VPN%20(Auditor).zip

and for the full video collection
http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=security/vids-by-others

and for a tool that whacks default pptp