Linux help

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Fri Oct 06 2006 - 19:35:34 AKDT

Rebecca Ruby wrote:
I learned about linux just recently. I have never liked windows and would love
to home school my children on something else. I am not sure if my old
hp could handle linux and where to go in the Mat-su valley to actually
use the system to see if it would be an acceptable alternative to
windows for my family. I have called a few local computer companies
that seem to think linux is a fad to stay away from. I need a little
more information. Where to find system requirements in plain english.
Is there a local company that uses linux so I could see it in
operation? Thanks Rebecca

Rebecca,

This kind of makes me laugh. There is lots of information about Linux
on the internet. Obviously you have found our organization and we will
be happy to help.

I'm sending this to our maillist in the hopes that there are folks in
the Mat-su valley on the list and that they might step up to give you
some help.

Lot's of schools are starting to move towards Linux. Even though it is
not spot on, I found this link while googling:

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/6349

Subscribing to the aklug maillist is a good way to get your questions
answered. I also believe there is a linux users group in the Mat-su as
well. Let us know what more we might do for you.

Mike Barsalou - Linux enthusiast

----- End forwarded message -----