Re: Damien on KTUU news

From: Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
Date: Wed Oct 04 2006 - 20:49:49 AKDT

Greg Madden wrote:
> Congratulations Damien on your interview on KTUU news. Lots of penguin
> shots !!

Thanks.

The IT-Expo was much better this year. Attendance was good. I met a lot
of people who were already running Linux.

A few people who saw the interview stopped by because they liked the
part about 6 years and no problems. In the interview I said something
about being a Linux user for 6 yeas and I have never had a virus. That's
a big selling point. I told them to go to the Friday aklug meeting. They
were individuals looking for a better OS.

I think it would be good if aklug did some advertising. As the Linux
user base grows people need to know that we are here and willing to
help. The young ones are catching on and the older ones are tired of
fixing Windows, which costs money.