looking for laptop donation

From: <jgribbin@alaska.net>
Date: Tue Sep 26 2006 - 15:46:03 AKDT

I just had a Pastor call me hoping I could find him a computer to use in his minestry.
He would prefer a laptop as he really doesn't have a brick and mortar church as yet. He tells me he does work at the Pioneer Home, Homeless Shelters, etc. (non-demoninational). So a he feels a laptop would be more along his needs, but he'll take a desktop if that's all he can get right now.

He's just looking to be able to access the web/email, type up notes, and play a DVD occasionally. I figure a p3 500 w/256MB - 512MB and either Open SuSE or Ubuntu should cover him.

He tells me that his ministry is set up with the IRS as a charity, so proper documentation for Uncle Sam should not be an issue.

Does anybody have access to something to help him out? I should be able to get him to Fri. Linux to get him set up.

Jim Gribbin

-- Type: text/x-vcard
-- File: jgribbin@alaska.net.vcf
-- Desc: Card for <jgribbin@alaska.net>