Re: Software RAID

From: Adam Bultman <adamb@glaven.org>
Date: Tue Sep 26 2006 - 14:34:48 AKDT

NOOO!!!

Swap goes on Swap. You do NOT set up swap on software RAID.

You take say, hda1 and make it type fd, and you make hda2 type swap.
You take say, hdb1 and make it type fd, and you make hdb2 type swap.

Then, in /etc/fstab, you specify the swap partitions on both.

If you put swap on a RAID1 setup, you'll nuke performance and that's what
you need with swap.- it'll be syncing every single write to swap, and swap
isn't somethingyou need to make redundant. Just make enough swap on each
drive and mount 'em anyway. If it dies, it dies.

Adam