RE: Linux Counter

From: Mike Tibor <tibor@tibor.org>
Date: Fri Sep 15 2006 - 20:35:08 AKDT

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006, Leif Sawyer wrote:

> Remember when the MathVax moved to DigitalUnix? Boy, those were the
> days. Whatever happened to that old alphastation, anyway?
>
> leif @ saturn.math.alaska.edu

Hmm... if it was an as200 4/166 then it's probably been running RH 7.3
Alpha in Enrollment Computing Support for the past couple of years (I set
it up there). I know that particular box in ECS was very briefly known as
cwolf.uaa.alaska.edu, running VMS about the time Pam Woods and the crew
moved from the vax (acad2.uaa.alaska.edu, aka orion.uaa.alaska.edu) to an
Alphaserver 2100a. They got a pair of the 2100a's, and the other one was
ursa.uaa.alaska.edu, running DU.

Ahh, the memories...
Mike