Re: rsync trouble

From: Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
Date: Sun Sep 10 2006 - 15:56:52 AKDT

I've done some tests.

   1. copied some data to the USB drive and got some errors
   2. copied the same data to /tmp and no errors

I think this has something to do with the vfat file system. Maybe it has
something to do with long file names. All the data came from a Mac which
uses hfs+ as a file system. That may allow longer file names.

At this point I'm not sure what to do. Maybe there is an option to
truncate long file names in rsync. I'll have to do more searching.