Re: IT Expo Linux CD's

From: Greg Madden <pabi@gci.net>
Date: Mon Sep 04 2006 - 20:16:14 AKDT

On Wednesday 30 August 2006 10:42, Oliver Savage wrote:
> For the upcoming IT Expo my father has offered to let us use a CD
> printer/burner. This will allow us to create professional looking CDs
> with for example the AKLUG logo and contact information along with the
> logo of the respective distribution. He also offered to foot the bill
> for the CDs and the ink, in exchange for a "courtesy of Bright
> Solutions" logo/info on the CDs.
>
> Would this be something the LUG would like to take advantage of?

 Aklug has never had a problem burning cd-r, dvd-r with lables, albeit
stick on lables. I do have the cababilities to do inkjet printing on
cd-r's though, but can't commit right now to do it. Someone else could
use the printer though.

 My concern is commercializing our volunteer efforts. Many people burn
cd's for different events, with no request for recognition. I would
rather see a donations in cash which Aklug can use in the manner best
benefiting our group, i.e. a booth on the floor instead of in the lobby
or something else. We can have a thank you list for donations at the
booth and/or on our website.

My $.02 worth.

--
Greg Madden