Re: Er.... for Sendmail users......enough

From: Matthew Schumacher <schu@schu.net>
Date: Thu Aug 31 2006 - 05:11:56 AKDT

Matthew Schumacher wrote:
> Perhaps I'll play with this in the lab in the next few weeks. I have
> been wanting to do my own benchmarking of a few different mail solutions
> anyway.

I found this interesting benchmark:

http://www.isode.com/whitepapers/mbox-benchmark.html

It shows cyrus as being a bit faster than courier which I suspected, but
it also shows some new mailbox product as being much faster than cyrus.

Anyway, given the performance difference I wonder if 2 cyrus machines (1
active, 1 hot-standby) wouldn't perform the same as a 2 server cluster
running courier.

Hmmm, where is my test server.......

schu