Re: HDD Password.

From: captgoodnight captgoodnight <captgoodnight@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed Aug 30 2006 - 14:08:28 AKDT

If rainbow tables are required please contact me, I have lanman, md5, and
sql, soon sha1 ;p)
I don't think rainbow tables will be of any use though, seeing you need the
hash.

I've attached a file that might help.

Side note: If anyone need password recovery, not reset for any of the above
hashes, feel free to contact me. There has been no windows local lanman
password yet to survive alpha-numeric 14 symbol ;p) First few if any will
be free...

God I love the security business.

--eddie

>From: "Oliver Savage" <oliver.savage@gmail.com>
>To: aklug@aklug.org
>Subject: Re: HDD Password.
>Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 11:29:59 -0800
>
>If you are still working on this, here are some things you may try.
>Some machines with HDD passwords have an emergency password that is
>provided by the manufacturer, check with them to see if they do. There
>are different passwords depending on model.
>
>If the data is important enough, you might be able to rig up a brute
>force attack. Most of the HDD passwords will only allow a limited
>number of tries, then you have to reboot. If you set up something to
>save the state of tried passwords, and automated the process...
>
>For brute forcing you may want to look into "rainbow tables", as these
>may bring down the time required.
>
>On 8/23/06, levi <levi@akgeeks.com> wrote:
> > We have A computer in our shop that is in for data recovery, because
>they
> > forgot the password for thier harddrive. Our issue is, we can't find a
>way
> > around this without frying the data. We can't run fdisk, cfdisk,
>fixmbr...
> > or anything else that we can think of, under Linux or Windows. I thought
> > perhaps changing the drive pe to "007" (ntfs) in cfdisk, or fixing the
>MBR
> > would work, but we cant access the drive, on the local machine or by =
> > pulling
> > it and slaving it onto a workbench computer... I'm at a total loss, and
>=
> > was
> > hoping perhaps someone had experience with this. Any input would be
> > appreciated...
> > Thank You,
> > Levi
> >

> > ---------
> >

>--
>Politics is war without bloodshed, and war is politics with bloodshed.
>-Fred Hampton
>---------

-- HTML Attachment decoded to text by Ecartis --
-- File: biosp.htm

 How to Bypass BIOS Passwords

[IMG]

Home[1]