Re: Er.... for Sendmail users......

From: <jonr@destar.net>
Date: Mon Aug 28 2006 - 12:55:08 AKDT

> Interesting, a sendmail debate on the mailing list and I somehow missed
> it :)

I was wondering about that. :)

> This is *WAY* simpler than the qmail way of
> doing things which is to patch the source (because there is no way to
> add this stuff to the config) then make sure your patch works with all
> of the other patches you run.

Having used qmail and the plethora of patches to make it do what I want, I have
to agree with the above. Patching for functionality is not the way to go, it is
a pain in the ass to maintain. I haven't setup a sendmail server but that is
going to change. I now have my xen box up and running and have a nice little
linux distro as my domU's. Sendmail is what any *nix user should learn, along
with vi, apache, bind.

One thing about mail servers, anything you can do at the SMTP level, do it
there.

Jon