Computers wanted, laptop and/or desktop

From: Michael Neverdosky <1twidget@gmail.com>
Date: Sat Aug 26 2006 - 10:38:05 AKDT

I am looking for one or two computers, maybe more.

Laptop that will run a reasonable Linux install with a moderate amount
of applications. Doesn't have to be fancy and I can easily deal with
dead or near dead batteries.

Desktop with 1Ghz or faster processor, fair memory and ???.

I don't have money for new stuff so am looking for bargins but am
happy to pay to improve the computer performance here. My fastest
machine is an AMD Duron 800 Mhz just to let you know how far back the
tech slope I am now.

I have a few hundred dollars available for fairly good stuff and I am
always interested in old junk and parts and pieces.

Thanks

michael N6CHV