Re: New website look

From: kracker <thekracker@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Jul 27 2006 - 17:47:20 AKDT

Replies inline ...

Greg Madden wrote:

>> Good work Graham.

Thank you :)

>> 1. I found the heavy lines used to highlight/separate paragraphs to hard
>> to ignore. they make it harder, for me, to focus on the text as they draw
>> my attention away from the text.

Noted. I used them but I more and more I don't care for them much.

>> 2. Konqueror renders the pages differently than firefox. i.e. on the
>> register link, in firefox, the 'Register for this blog' fits on one
>> line, in konqueror the blog is on a second line that overlaps the first
>> line.

This is true, I'll take more time to test in Konqueror, IE, Opera and
not just Mozilla based browsers. Thank you for pointing these issues out.

>> 3. In general, the content from the old site is all there. It would be
>> good to clean up the links on the pages, dead links. Things like
>> under 'Linux Links' we can probably safley remove the Caldera HW
>> compatability link, RIP :-), Linux Applications & Utilities,Sal Office
>> Software, anything with Wordperfect and Corel Linux etc.

Agreed. I have updated the 'Linux Links' section to remove the bad links
 you mention as well as others. I could absolutely use suggestions from
everyone on the list on what should be removed or added to the links.

>> Maybe members can check all the links and post then on the list or email
>> to Graham ?

I say, lets keep this on-list so everyone can participate in the discussion.

//krckr