Re: burning Double Layer dvd in Ubuntu

From: Greg Madden <pabi@gci.net>
Date: Sun Jul 02 2006 - 15:11:20 AKDT

On Sunday 02 July 2006 13:50, Damien Hull wrote:
> Double Layer support isn't in Ubuntu Dapper. You need dvd+rw-tools 6.1.
> Dapper comes with version 5 something.
>
> I posted to the Ubuntu list. I'm waiting to see if there is a binary
> package. If not I'll have to break out the dev tools. If I can find
> them. I think the package was someting-binary. I can find the gcc
> package but it doesn't give you "make". Looks like I have some work to
> do.
>
> Here's the Edgy link.
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/edgy/utils/dvd+rw-tools

I know I burned a dual layer dvd quite awhile ago, the Suse distro comes
dual layer. I am not sure though if I used the command line or K3B. The
command line app to use is growisofs + options.

It seems to me that I probably didn't have dvd+rw-tools v. 6.1 though as
that is what is in Debian testing now. You might check to see if Debians
ver will work in Ubuntu.

The only reference I found to what ver of dvd+rw-tools to use is you need
>= 5.1 to use with a gui frontend, nautilas or k3b, nothing about dual
layer though.

--
Greg Madden