Re: Scanning a cell phone bill

From: Shane Spencer <shane@bogomip.com>
Date: Wed Jun 28 2006 - 22:17:50 AKDT

That would be interesting. I have been begging business sales at ACS
to give us any digital form of the bill. Its hard convincing them
that it is digital right before it prints, no matter how automated :)

Oh.. Well..

If anybody figures this out, possibly with gocr and a quickie python
script for selecting regions first. Then doing background removal and
finally doing an ocr sweep on the data. Problems are what happens
when it all doesn't add up? I know its less of a headache to review
vs do the entry yourself but its still quite a pain to review.

Shane