OpenOffice calc question

From: <bob@estimations>
Date: Tue Jun 27 2006 - 12:39:06 AKDT

I'm trying to migrate some spreadsheet templates from Excel over to
OpenOffice, but am running into some snags. Here's one that has me stumped.
Lets say I have a number of different lookup tables in a spreadsheet,
and I want to put a value in a cell to tell a vlookup command which
table to use. For example, the formula:

=VLOOKUP(B18;lookuptablename;2;0) works ok in both programs.

As does

=INDIRECT(B12) (Lets say that I have the text string
"lookuptablename" in B12. The INDIRECT formula pointing to it above
returns that string. (One difference I note between the two programs
is that in OO, the cell reference needs to be quoted.)

But when I try to combine them into =VLOOKUP(B19;INDIRECT(B12);2;0),
it works ok in excel, but not in OO Calc. (even when I put "B12" in quotes.)

Attached is a sample spreadsheet that shows what I'm talking about.
It works in excel. Note cell C18. It evaluates correctly in excel,
but not in OO.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob Crosby