Re: Problem with Ubuntu 6.06 Daper

From: Shane Spencer <shane@bogomip.com>
Date: Tue Jun 27 2006 - 11:42:32 AKDT

apt-get install xubuntu-desktop if you want to use a nice xfce4 meta
package :) Dunno whats causing your problems, sounds like potentially
a gnome fs library issue. I would typically do an apt-cache show
ubuntu-desktop, make a list of all the packages and do an apt-get
--reinstall install .... of all of them at once. Maybe that will help
fix an issue your hard drive might have caused. I am totally
caffienated atm so take my advice lightly :)

Shane