RE: Windows ADS

From: Tim Jordan <tim@pcs-alaska.com>
Date: Tue Jun 20 2006 - 16:12:38 AKDT

Did you mention that you were intrested in using Debian? You might want to read this:

Note: I didn't use this write up so I have not tested it. Also, I did not need to compile samba - I used the debian packages and everything works.

Once its setup you can test by using wbinfo:

Grep a user from AD:
tim# wbinfo -u | grep pcs-alaska
pcs-alaska
Grep a group from AD:
tim# wbinfo -g | grep IIS
IIS_WPG

You will need to understand PAM authentication if you want your AD server to authenticate your Linux boxes. Its not that hard.

Good luck,
Tim